Friday, November 03, 2006

ways to see progress other than the scale...

Thursday:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: blended salad (romaine, carrots, pineapple, 1/2 banana, water)
Dinner: Green Machine Soup, some cheese puffs

Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min Yourself!Fitness

Fuhrmometer: eggplant

I had a Kale day until I ruined it with the cheese puffs. I did enjoy the cheese puffs but now I do kind of regret having them and ruining a kale day. I'm not too upset over it though, overall I still think I am doing a lot better now than I was a few weeks ago where I felt like I couldn't string together any really good days without some cheating.

Every 10 workouts (I think) in Yourself!Fitness you have a fitness test where you go through the same activities you did in the beginning to set up your account. You enter your weight, take your resting and working heart rates, see how many push ups you can do, how many crunches you can do, and how many squats you can do, then you test your flexibility by doing basically a sit and reach (remember that from gym class?). So - my resting heart rate is pretty much the same. For the working heart rate they want you to do jumping jacks for two minutes. I know, maybe this doesn't seem like a long amount of time but just try it - do 2 minutes of jumping jacks. I'll wait. Yeah! It's REALLY HARD! I still don't have that type of cardio vascular endurance to do all 2 minutes but I know that I will with practice. I was pleased to see that I can now do more pushups than I could when I started working out with Maya (about a month ago), and since building upper body strength is one of my personal fitness goals I feel really good about that.

Hubby and I went to the mall and I got 4 pairs of pants in sizes that are smaller than I've been able to wear for a long long time, since sometime in High School. The pants are a little snug on me right now but it's not so bad. Plus it's kind of nice to have pants that don't feel like MC Hammer pants!