Friday, November 10, 2006

fell off

Well, I'm back from Boston. It was nice there but I am happy to be home. I went to Boston hoping that I could eat close to plan and that didn't really happen. I had an ounce of cashews for breakfast every day and had salads at lunch, but the salads didn't live up to the usual ETL salad. Dinners were totally OP. I know that I am going to be up this week.

I've decided to go back OP on Sunday. It's just easier for me to deal with things in the weekly package. I know that I'll be able to get back on the wagon next week no problem and in truth, I am enjoying this break even though it means that I will have to re-lose some weight. Sometimes it's just nice to not have to think about things.

About being up- I think it had to happen at some point. And I know I don't want it to happen again. I think that this experience has helped me realize that I DO have to stick to the plan as close as possible to lose weight and to keep it off. This does have to become a lifestyle if I am going to lose all of the weight that I want and keep it off. It's obvious to me that I'm not there yet, but I do want to get back on plan and I don't view it as restrictive or as a food jail sentance. I like ETL and eating ETL and I know that with time and dedication it will become a lifestyle.

I have come a long way since just June and I know that I have a long way left to go. I will not go back to my "old ways" or allow myself to go back up to where I was before I started this. I've also evolved out of the thinking that I need to get all of this weight off NOW, I'm doing really well and I know that I will get it off in time. I also want to make sure that when I do get it off I am prepared for maintaining it and living in a very different place in life (as a thin person) than I have ever experienced. I want this to be a permanent change in my life and I'm finally ok with it taking longer than I had originally wanted.