Thursday, October 12, 2006

Today:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: Wrap from HFS
Dinner: Spicy Red Lentil Soup with broccoli raab
After Dinner: potato chips, small cup of ice cream

Exercise: Rest Day

Fuhrmometer Reading: Potato

Yeah; I really sucked today. But I'm not really beating myself up over it. I know that tomorrow will be a better day and I will have lots of time to work out in my new and improved workout space -- hubby spent the afternoon re-arranging and cleaning the basement so that I have space to do my Yourself Fitness down there which is much nicer than jumping around up in the living room. I'll also be eating better.

We've all heard people say "It took me a long time to put this weight on and I'm not expecting it to come off overnight" (or something along those lines). So why if we're understanding that it does take time to lose weight and to form new good habits, such as working out, why can't this apply to food? I think I may be rationalizing a little bit here - but it does make sense.

Actually; I know how far I've come in the last 4 months. I was reading some of my older posts today and remembered how I was fixated on the next time I would be able to eat "normal" food or whatever I wanted to eat and that I wasn't really enjoying ETL food. Now, I have to say that I really do enjoy ETL food. I have no problems whatsoever with it being what I eat a vast majority of the time. I think with time it will get even easier to not eat/want "normal" food. I'm planning to Eat to Live for the rest of my life - so I think I have some time to get really good at it.