Wednesday, October 18, 2006

surprise...

Today:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: baby carrots, romaine with blood vinegar
Dinner: spicy lentil soup with broccoli raab

Exercise: 30 min W/Maya, 30 min treadmill

Fuhrmometer Reading: Kale

Well today wasn't a bad day overall; I did well with eating again and had a really great workout. I got an issue of Vegetarian Times in the mail today with a lot of recipes that look good and easy to ETL-ize that I read while I was on the bike.

As I finished my workout and was putting some laundry into the dryer hubby came downstairs to ask me if I wanted to go with him to pick up his dad's doggie... yes, we have a new addition to our household this evening:

This is Cammie, my FIL is moving into an apartment and can't keep her anymore and really wanted hubby and I to take her and give her a good home. She is a sweet doggie but is a little sad and confused to be with us right now. We know that with time she'll come to at least like us.

She is already getting used to being here I think. She has staked out a place in the recliner and has been watching tv contentedly. Hopefully as we all get used to one another things will only get better! I haven't ever had a doggie of my own before and hubby hasn't had one since he was a kid, so it's a new experience for us!