Friday, October 20, 2006

Fabuolus Friday

Today:
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, banana, and flax)
Lunch: baby carrots; romaine with raspberry melon vinegar
Dinner: Sinbads Lemony Lentil Soup

Exercise: 20 min walk with Cammie this morning, 30 min walk with Cammie after work, 30 min with Maya

Fuhrmometer Reading: Kale

Today at work they had a little hors d'ouvres lunch with all sorts of food that smelled and looked amazing that I didn't eat! I sat with my co-workers and ate my baby carrots and was fine. It was really great for me; and I don't mind saying that I'm really proud of myself for it.

Four good eating days in a row have really helped me to renew my resolve and commitment to eating for nutritional excellence. I actually said no to ice cream and potato chips with ease, and in the past I'd have had a really hard time saying no to ice cream and chips... especially the chips.

I got up early and took Cammie out for a walk this morning. It was a great way to start off the day and I look forward to making it a practice. I've never been much of a morning person but hope that I can become consistent with morning walks. Cammie is really great to walk with - she's small enough so that she doesn't take me for a walk and she's very well behaved. I am so happy my FIL wanted us to take care of her.