Sunday, September 10, 2006

"thank god you're not a cowboy, 'cause the cowboy way is even harder"

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Dinner: chili

Exercise: 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill

Ok so yesterday was the official start of my re-commitment to Dr. Fuhrman's 6 week plan/challenge. I'm going to do my best to stick with it until our first anniversary in just under six weeks (cough cough... hubby: get me jewelry! cough cough). I feel like this was just what I needed; a new challenge to keep myself accountable... along with all of the good feelings of sticking with my plan and knowing the guilt and shame I will feel if I let myself down.

Like today, I misjudged my day and my meals and didn't really have any lunch. I had plans to go out shopping for plants to re-landscape on the front of our house with my mom; and I knew that I had to get laundry done and work out and take a shower before I left the house. So... I sucked down my smoothie as quickly as I could in between doing loads of laundry and then I did my workout, jumped in the shower, got dressed and left. By the time I got home I was so hungry I just wanted to make a bag of popcorn and call that dinner... but I knew that I'd be failing myself and that that bag of popcorn wasn't going to do anything positive for me and my weight loss goals. I'm so happy that I had the chili and stayed on plan.

Speaking of cheating... despite eating crap pretty much all week last week (some days were better than others) I ended up losing 3.6 pounds. Not too shabby. I think that these 3 months that I have been on ETL have really changed not only the way that my body responds to food but also the way that I think of it. I think that the mental process and my commitment to exercise has helped me not gain anything these past 2 weeks and actually lose 4+ pounds. Don't get me wrong, I know that if I have a good week with Eat to Live and exercise that I can lose even more than that and I don't plan on making eating off plan foods every day a habit; even when I reach my goal weight.

I have been enjoying clothes out of "the skinny closet" lately... all of the clothes I had put away because I didn't like the way that they fit anymore. It is so much fun to think, "I don't know what I'm going to wear today... let's see what is in the skinny closet" and then go in there and actually be able to wear the clothes that are in there! It's awesome that I can look at those clothes and think that these are clothes that aren't off limits to me anymore. If they don't fit me right now, the will soon! I know it's kind of materialistic; but it makes me so happy! Yesterday I pulled out a pair of jeans that I had to put in there a while ago because they were too tight and very uncomfortable to wear. Well now they are mighty comfortable! When I've lost enough weight that these clothes are too big for me we're going to have to buy some new ones, which is exciting but also annoying because I know I won't wear them long enough to get a decent amount of money's worth out of them. I think I'll have to get by with clothes from Old Navy and the clearance racks for a while. That's a little way off though; but not such a bad thing!