Sunday, August 13, 2006

day 64: two months

Today's Food:
Breakfast: gardenburger barbeque "ribs" (regretting this one)
Lunch: 1/2 bowl of lentils
Dinner: portobello & zucchini with marinara over 1/2 cup of brown rice

Exercise: took today off

Well this past week was week 9 of ETLing, but this was the two calendar month mark. It's hard to believe that it's been only 2 months; it seems like it's taken so long to get here and I've learned and changed so much. Hopefully in another two months I'll be able to say the same things and will have had as much success and personal growth.

Today was prep and chores day, like every Sunday is. I put together my smoothie kits for the week and made a concoction that was inspired by something that Karena made a few weeks ago with portobello mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes (I think). I ended up roasting everything in the oven and making a marinara sauce with the tomatoes and putting it all over 1/2 cup of brown rice per serving. It's not as good as I was hoping; if I had to do it all over I would leave chunks of tomatoes instead of making a sauce.

In a few weeks hubby and I are off to a cabin on a lake with his family for a week. We're looking forward to some time off from the responsibilities of daily life (I'm excited about being able to exercise whenever I want and not having to deal with work stuff for a whole week). I am trying to think of food that I can take with me that will be easy to transport and reheat without a microwave (we're not sure if they'll have one or not). Does anyone have some good suggestions?