Sunday, July 16, 2006

day 35: better late than never!

Saturday's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
"Lunch": eggplant lasagna
"Dinner": small frozen pizza (the really cheap kind...)

Exercise: 60 minute walk/jog on the treadmill, walked to/from and around the county fair

Yesterday was kind of a busy day; but then again it wasn't. The evening just didn't work out with enough time/ a good time for me to post. But here I am, making up for it!

On Friday night we went to the drive-in with some friends. It was a beautiful night and we got to see Pirates of the Caribbean (it was good). In the past the drive-in has been a time of snacking and drinking lots of soda. This time we brought sandwiches and I took fruit for something sweet. Alas, the drive-in concession stand is a cruel mistress; first hooking hubby into getting popcorn and me into having some. I'm not going to lie; it was very tasty. BUT after a while it made my tummy feel absolutely horrible! I know it's the "butter" because oily foods used to do this to me before I started ETL and I must admit that I am enjoying not having an upset tummy nearly as much as I used to. Needless to say, I learned my lesson about drive-in popcorn.

And then last night; we went to the county fair and you know how that is... a celebration of all foods that are fried, salted, or riddled with sugar. The funnel cakes/fried dough are my favorite of that kind of stuff; but the memory of the popcorn from the night before stopped me from giving in (and also knowing that I had to weigh in the next morning). I did get one of those very small frozen cheese pizzas from the store. I thought to myself after all of that salt that I'd be happy if I broke even for this week.

All in all I'm not beating myself up over the popcorn and the pizza. I've been pretty good for the rest of the week and was good about working out also. The way I see it; a little something off plan every once in a while keeps a girl sane. :-)