Friday, June 09, 2006

Less Than 2 Days

Today’s Food: (not on ETL until Sunday) (We had an all day staff retreat today, early morning, long long day, and limited food choices)
Breakfast: Grande Non-fat Caramel Macchiato (Starbucks), apple and banana.
Lunch: Fettuccine with broccoli and cheese sauce, bread stick, and cake (dude, I know)
Dinner: Salad with Almond Accents, Morningstar Farms veggie chicken, and Greek vinaigrette dressing.
Dessert: Rice Pudding

I don’t even want to know how many calories that is.

I am happy that I had the fruit at breakfast; as opposed to a Danish or muffin. I am also happy that at lunch I ate all of the broccoli and only about 1/3 of the pasta stuff. And dinner, hey I could have pizza but I’m actually looking forward to the salad; which is good because I’m going to be eating a lot of salad soon.

So 2 days until I start Eat to Live. It’s been about a week since I read Jennifer’s blog entry about Eat to Live and Dr. Fuhrman’s approach to ending food addiction etc. I ordered Eat to Live last weekend or maybe Monday, and on Wednesday decided that I would start the Six-Week plan on Sunday.

And what a week it’s been! I really feel like I’ve been on a roller coaster ride of emotions, mostly excited about finally having a manageable and attainable way of losing the weight that I’ve wanted to lose for as long as I can remember! I’ve also been nervous, this is a fairly radical departure from the way I’ve been eating; and I hope that I can stick with it. I also understand that this diet requires a lot of prep work, and I hope that I don’t get burned out on all of the work to prepare the meals.

Despite all of my worries I’m confident that I will be able to do this. I hope that this blog will help me stay focused and motivated and that it will also help me to track my progress and what I’ve been eating on my way. I’ve got so much to look forward to when I reach my goal; I can’t wait to experience life as a “normal sized” girl.