Thursday, June 15, 2006

day 5: hitting the emotional wall

Today's Food:
Breakfast: Grapes, Banana
Lunch: romaine with hummus, chili
Dinner: carrots and celery with hummus, green beans with almonds

Today was a decent day; until I was leaving work. Something pissed me off and it threw me into an emotional tailspin related to the diet. I started of angry and just wanted some "comfort food" but knew I couldn't have it. This made me so upset that I was crying as I walked into the grocery store. I was really close to picking up the phone and calling hubby to tell him that I'm through with this. But I didn't.

I went to the store and while I could have made a beeline for the bakery and the potato chip asile I didn't. I was good and just bought the lettuce I need for tomorrow's lunch. I came home and had a very theraputic experience peeling and juicing lemons.

Now when I think about things I feel silly for getting so upset about food. It's just food! It's really enlightening, I never really thought that I was an emotional eater. It's not like I regularly get upset and say to myself "I'm going to eat to make myself feel better," I don't think I consciously do that at all. Now that I've had this experience, hopefully I won't spiral out of control the next time something throws me off.