Monday, September 17, 2007

So close to the -100 point! I was 199.0 this morning. I have lost 99.6 pounds... darn that 0.4 of a pound! I will wait to post side by side comparisons of then v. now until I am officially under 198.6 but for now you can see me in the pants I wore in my "before" photo. How fun it was to take the quintessential weight loss picture!

I must admit, for as long as I have been looking forward to seeing the number on the scale start with a 1 it's kind of freaky (in a good way). Like I've said before, the last time I was around this weight I was in middle school, which was 14-15 years ago (creepy!).

I anticipated feeling euphoric when I got to this point; and I am happy, very happy, I feel quite proud of myself and all - but it's not like on tv when balloons and confetti fall from the ceiling or anything. Which is somehow what I thought it would feel like... but I'm not complaining or anything - I just wanted to say that it's different. But still great.

Another thing - I'm noticing that I don't totally hate myself in every. single. picture. anymore... I know I sort of posted about this before but it bears repeating. There are so few pictures of me as a teenager and young adult because I always hated how I looked, but now it's not so bad. I am proud of what I've done and feel much more confident in my appearance than ever before. I know I still have a lot to lose, but I can see that it's more achieveable now then it ever has been before.