Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Perfect Ten

Today:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with blood orange vinegar, baby carrots
Dinner: Dr. Fuhrman's Anti-Cancer Soup with broccoli raab

Exercise: 45 min w/Maya, 15 min bike

Fuhrmometer: KALE!

It wasn't easy but I knew I could do it. The pretzels in the kitchen at work tempted me but I said no. An instructor waived some delicious smelling baked goods under my nose (not literally - but she did offer me some); and I graciously declined. My stiff and sore body begged me to take the day off from working out... but I knew that I needed to at least get moving - so I did. It wasn't a great workout but I got through it. It feels good to have a day where everything went as planned AND I didn't give in to urges to cheat or slack off.

Someone asked me today if I've been losing weight... I got all bashful and responded "a bit." I walked into my boss' office today and she just looked at me and made a comment about how much weight I'm losing and how every time she sees me I am smaller. I didn't really say anything. I've read other people's blogs where they have experienced the same thing - people in "real life" comment on their weight loss and they clam up about it or get weirded out. Why is this? We're obviously open to talking about it or else we wouldn't have blogs that anyone can read. It's strange, I just don't understand.

Well I guess that's all I have for today; I'll be back tomorrow with better stuff. G'night!