Tuesday, August 22, 2006

day 73: stressed

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with Green Velour
Dinner: chili

Exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill

I have 2 days left of work before vacation (woo hoo!) but in that time I have a ton of work to do before I go so that I'm not completely buried in work when I get back... it's stressing me out! When I get stressed out or overwhelmed I tend to shut down and not want to do anything at all... I don't know why that is.

So naturally today I wanted to come home and do nothing, sit on the couch and not work out. But I have a great hubby who convinced me to work out today even though I wanted to make it a rest day. I got on the treadmill and was just not having a good time; and I am lucky in the sense that usually I don't mind exercising and a lot of the time I really like it. But not today. I gave up after 28 minutes and came upstairs; and I immediately felt bad about it. I took a minute and listened to my body and realized that I felt good and wanted to go back and do more exercise. So I did, I went back downstairs and finished out the hour. I'm pretty proud of me.

Hopefully tomorrow and Thursday at work go well and won't be as stressful and annoying as today is.