Wednesday, July 26, 2006

day 46: making time for "me"

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine, red onion, ceasar dressing, fresh strawberries
(not on the salad)
Dinner: chili

Exercise: 45 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes weights


Dear blog,

I am sorry for neglecting you yesterday. Hubby says that my post "sucked" or something along those lines. Please understand that although I can't always dote upon you like I so love to do, that you are always on my mind and I look forward to the quality time we spend together.

Since I know you're dying to hear the latest of my ETL journey; I will detain you no longer. As we all remember on Sunday I declared that I would make time to eat 3 meals a day, be very very very good about not consuming excess sodium, step up my workouts to 45 minutes of cardio and 15 of weights, and and... i forgot for a second what the last thing was but I remember now... No nibbling! So how am I doing you ask?


WELL.... I have found that I do have to work to make time for myself to eat 3 meals a day. I find that I get so wrapped up in something... whether it be working around the house or some project at the office that I don't hear what my body is saying and end up skipping lunch. Yes, I know this is silly because with all of that lettuce and just enough salad dressing to coat the pieces it's probably my lowest calorie meal of the day. So this week I have been taking time for "me" in the middle of the afternoon to make sure that I eat my salad. And yes, most of the time I have been hungry for it as well.

I have been doing well on the sodium and exercise resolutions. These two are probably the easiest ones for me to keep. The chili I made has no sodium other than what naturally occurs in the ingredients and the same goes for the salad dressing. It feels really good to know that the food you're eating is as pure and unprocessed as possible. Working out is also been going very well. I worked my arms out very well on Monday and am feeeeeeeeling it today. :-)

The toughest resolution by far is no nibbling. I'd fallen into a pattern of thinking that it was ok for me to take one bite of something off plan as long as I didn't binge on it. Well when you find yourself taking one bite several times a day it can build up. Especially when it is bad bad fat or refined flour type food. So this week every time I've initially said to myself "one bite isn't going to hurt" I tell myself no, I promised that I wouldn't do that anymore and I must keep this promise to myself or how can I ever achieve my goals? It's going ok so far.

Hubby and I are going to Niagara Falls tomorrow after I have a meeting in Buffalo for work. We're not sure if we're going to come home tomorrow night or not. So I may see you again tomorrow or I may see you on Friday. I'm sure that I'll have some sort of news to report.

So I'll tuck you in now sweet little blog. Have sweet dreams of groves of oranges, orchards of apples, and fields upon fields of romaine lettuce!

With love,
nicole